Sunday 10 June 2012

Amaretto and Raspberry Magic

I forgot we about to host a dinner party for our friends. I checked for a recipe that I can make quickly and I send my husband to buy the ingredients for it. He returned with half of them....claiming he forgot it. Well he did buy raspberries instead of strawberries, so I had some fruit and the rest was down to my cupboard. I can't complain as I have a fairly well equipped one, therefore I created:

Amaretto and Raspberry Magic


Ingredients
400g raspberries
250ml double cream
50g creamed coconut, chilled
40g ground almond
15 amaretti biscuit
80g cream cheese
6 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
50g flaked almonds

In one bowl whip the double cream until it holds its shape. Grate in the chilled creamed coconut, then add the ground almond and the Amaretto liqueur and mix it together.
In a separate bowl mix together with an electric mixer 2/3 of the raspberries with the cream cheese.

All left to do is assemble it. Fill the Amaretto cream into a piping bag and start layering the glasses. 

My layers were starting from the bottom: 
Amaretto cream, 
raspberry purée, 
1.5crushed amaretti biscuit(in each glass), 
Amaretto cream, 
some fresh raspberries, 
flaked almonds, raspberry purée, 
Amaretto cream
finished off with 1amaretti biscuit each some flaked almonds and the rest of the raspberries.
Chill it for at least 30 minutes then serve:)


No comments:

Post a Comment