Tuesday 5 June 2012

Orange Biscuits

This is a stress free, very simple recipe. I wanted to have a great biscuit recipe that I can use with my biscuit press and easy to make after work. Then I found this Hungarian recipe. Easy to make, quick and the biscuits are great even after a week(I didn't have the chance yet to test it for any longer period:))

Orange Biscuits


For the biscuits

130g butter
130g sugar
1vanilla pod
2 tbs orange zest
2 tbs orange liqueur or orange juice
1 egg
250g plain flour


Preheat the oven to 180°C
Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy with a mixer.
Add the vanilla seeds, orange zest, orange liqueur/juice and egg and mix again.

Fold in the flour then spoon the mixture into the biscuit press and make the biscuits until you have paste left. 

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Hint and tips:
I tried the biscuit press before with no luck. The secret to the biscuit press: you have to use ungreased baking paper, otherwise the mix won't stick on to it. I couldn't find any, as all modern baking papers are "non stick" therefore their coating prevents the baked goods to stick to it-exactly the opposite what you want in this case.
My trick is to put the baking sheets on a tray into the oven and bake them for 30 minutes on 180°C. After a while the non stick coating will disappear and your paper will be a bit stiff and matt-after this "treatment" your baking paper is ready to use with biscuit press.

No comments:

Post a Comment